Other Inkcicle Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Green and Scrumptious... Can it Be?!


Yes, I hate to admit it but I love baked kale!  Baked kale makes such a great munchy snack.  You may have already come across another blogger or two that have shared the joys of backed kale.  I'm sharing too.  I can't help it.   I love baked kale!


Here's how to make your own:

Ingredients
  • Kale (Organic)
  • Sea Salt
  • Pam or Olive Oil Spray
Instructions
  1. Wash your kale thoroughly.  
  2. Pat dry with paper towels or air dry.
  3. Place kale on a foil lined baking sheet.
  4. Spray with Pam or olive oil spray.
  5. Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 10 - 15 minutes.
  6. Check on progress half way through.  Turn and re-spray if needed.
  7. Remove from oven and salt to taste.
  8. Eat up.  You won't regret it!  :-)



The baked kale should be crisp but not burnt.  I've tried regular kale and lacinato kale.  Both are yummy.  I found the lacinato to have a richer flavor and tasted more like broccoli.  Now a days when I am craving potato chips I'll think twice.  Bake kale satisfies the need for something salty and with a little crunch.  It's totally worth heating up the oven.

Smiles,
~Nancy

No comments: