Other Inkcicle Pages

Friday, May 18, 2007

Creative CORNERS



In keeping my stamping budget in mind, I've come up with a creatively inexpensive way to have a photo corner stamp. I really wanted to order SU!'s retiring set "Totally Cool" primarily for the photo corner stamp. The cute lady holding the shopping bags and present is nice too but for now I can't justify buying it for those two stamps. So here's my clever alternative. You can make this alternative with leftover rubber and creative cling. New rubber usually comes in a big rectangle. Snip-off the corner and shape to your liking. Mount on cling and wha-la! You've got a new stamp custom made by you! Attached are before and after pictures of my new photo corner stamps.

By the way... I've also used leftover rubber and cling to make various sized skinny ovals too. You can see one of the oval stamps I've made on the Froggy Card from Beat's challenge last weekend.

9 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Good job Nancy! I just love leftover scrap rubber & have also made a skinny oval. Works great. I never thought to make a corner stamp! Guess I'll dig out those rubber scraps later today! Thanks for the idea.

Jennifer Carter said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Carter said...

I also wanted to add that I shared your idea and the link to your post on A Shade of Blue (www.ashadeofblue.net).

Anonymous said...

What a FABULOUS idea! I will definitely be making both an oval and a corner stamp with my next order of stamps. TFS you idea

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great idea, will have to try it

senovia said...

That is SO COOL! Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

Cool!!! Thanks for sharing your cool ideas!!! Also, thanks for stopping by last week - I'm pretty stoked that someone from Alaska has ck'd out my site. =0)

Much Aloha,
Jen

Bella Rose Creations said...

Okay you rock my world!!! This is such a good idea...I always feel guilty about all the extra rubber I throw out!

My TAC assembly tip...I actually stamp the image on the back of the sheet with Staz-On, then align and adhere then cut out...that way everything matches and I can see the image.

Kirsi said...

Great idea!!! Something I need to try out myself as well.