Other Inkcicle Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Floral FUN!

So what does one do when they are miles away from their crafty room when they get a crafty itch?  Make a stamping order and create something!  That's exactly what I did.  I just couldn't help myself anymore.  :-)  It helps that I won a Vintage Groove Kit from Making Memories.  It was just the inspiration I needed to get my craft on and make this lovely necklace.  I call it Floral fun.  :-)


I've never really made jewelry before now but with all the sweet jewelry kits that are available I am more likely to make more wearable art.   Are you wondering how I made it?  It was so easy and it includes upcycling a brown paper bag.  That's right.  Forget the cost of craft cardstock!



SUPPLIES:
SU! Fifth Avenue Floral Stamps, SU! Not Quite Navy Ink, SU! Antique Brads, Making Memories Vintage Groove Chain, & a Brown Paper Bag

Paper Flower Instructions:
  • Cutout multiple sizes of flowers from a brown paper bag. 
  • Stamp your floral cutouts. 
  • Crinkle each stamped flower individually.
  • Stack all the flowers with the smallest flower on top. 
  • Attach a brad for the flower center.

Necklace Instructions:
  • Put on the unadorned chain to figure out the best placement of your baubles.
  • Take off the unadorned chain and place in front of you.
  • Place your paper flower in your favorite spot on the chain.
  • Use the prongs of the brad to secure your flower to the chain.
  • Attach other brads along the chain as desired. 
That's all it took to make this pretty bauble.  I hope like it and go make one of your own!

Smiles,
~Nancy

SHARE A SCRIPTURE VERSE: Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;" Romans 12:10

4 comments:

Kevin Renz said...

Super cute Nance! Is that really your ultra thin neck or a model's??? Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on everything that Katie said. You are so talentd! love ya!

Rebecca said...

this is fabulous! I would love to try this sometime, thanks for the inspiration!

Inking Alaska said...

Nancy -

That is so so cute. You did a great job.. I love it..

Stacy