Other Inkcicle Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Copic Buzz


I just came across a fun challenge and thought I'd try to squeeze it in today.  The challenge was found over at Scrapbook News and Review which also directed me to the Copic Buzz Blog.  From their I snagged a free digi image from Cute Daisy May Digi Stamps to try out. **

I have to admit... it's my first time to use a digi image.  Since our move to the cabin I rarely plug in the printer so I had been holding off taking the cardmaking digi plung.  It was worth it.  I printed myself off a page of images to color up and here's the card I put together for the Copic Buzz Challenge #24.


This digi image is called "Linnie" but to me she reminds me of my little one, Ellie.  Just yesterday she had on a poncho too.  I tried to get a picture of her in it but this is what I wound up with.  She's reading the paper while we were visiting Grandpa at the VA Hospital.  Anyways, I used her outfit as the color inspiration for my card.  The layout was plain and simple so that the focus would be more on the image.

Some things to consider when printing digi stamps... the paper you print it on and the size of the image itself.  I used the plain white copier paper that was already in the printer and resized my image with Pages (a Mac program).  I knew I had to be careful with my coloring on this paper because it wicked the ink really well.  I was afraid of the ink bleeding into unwanted areas so I kept the ink layering simple and held back from using many shades.  All in all it was fun-fun and I'd definitely would do it again.

As to resizing images, I chose to keep the images around two inches.  I also masked with a shape to make the white space around the images smaller.  This helped me fit a few more images on the page.  What was really cool is that I had some images saved from previous freebie giveaways that I combined on this print too and now I have a variety to play with in the future.

I hope you have a chance to check out Cute Daisy May Digi Stamps.  I really like her style of drawing.  It's cute with a mix of cartoon and realistic flare.... very girlie too!

Have a wonderful and creative day!

SHARE A VERSE: "Give us this day our daily bread," Matthew 6:11

***EDITED:  I knew I wasn't loosing my mind! I also saw this challenge posted on Paper Craft Planet.  I think that's where I snagged the free image.  Uhg... I can't remember!  Anyhow, here's the link at PCP.

4 comments:

Linnie said...

brilliant card i adore it
luv
linniexxx

Laurie Wilson said...

Oh my goodness, the card and your little one are both SO ADORABLE!

Allison Rankin said...

Your girl is gorgeous and your card is super fab!

Cassandra Kinaviaq Rae said...

Ellie is soooooooooooooooo cute I can't get over it!!!! I get to see her today. Yay!