Other Inkcicle Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Wedding Card



I was asked to make a wedding card with a money holder in it. Wedding cards are somewhat of a weak area for me so I've been stress'n over the last day. Thankfully I had some inspiration...PaperTrey's new stamp set! Have you seen Miss Lauries's card that she made for Beate's Weekend Challenge? Oh.... she uses the wedding cake from their new set and it's so pretty! I had to improvise since I don't have the new stamps. (Maybe someday!) For the cake I used some dry embossed patterned paper that I had found in a clearance bin while out of Barrow over a year ago. It was so nice to finally use this treasure. Once I finally figured out what supplies to use I then needed to find a tutorial for the design. It took me about twenty minutes on the net to find several but none were quite what I wanted. I then decided to take a regular card and slap on a pocket on the inside. It was quick and easy. So much so that I might just have to do this one again.



CARD DETAILS:
Dry Embossed Papers from Wal-mart
SU! Blush Blossom
May Arts Ribbon

13 comments:

Maria said...

Fabulous money card Nancy. Your card is beautiful! Very, very elegant. . .I love it!

Maria

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous!

Tricia T said...

Beautiful card & Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

Shannon Tompkins said...

I think the card is fabulous - what a great idea.

michelle sturgeon said...

Nancy, this is so elegant and very pretty!

Mary Duffek said...

Very pretty card! I bet they love it....

Tracy.H said...

No need for stressing! This is beautiful! :0)

Rose Ann said...

This is so elegant and beautiful! I love the colors!

Barb said...

Wow, what a great card! Greetings from Minnesota....

Little C's Creations said...

so elegant n' pretty!

hugs,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'd say you pulled this off beautifully! It's so pretty and a great design for a money holder!

Marlou McAlees said...

what a beautiful elegant card. gorgeous!!! xxx

Kristine said...

Very pretty indeed. LOVE the peach color and the monotone make it so elegant!