Other Inkcicle Pages

Friday, July 6, 2007

Second TIME Around


Ooops! That's the name of Earl Finkler's (or should I say Lance Bomber?) Saturday morning radio show here in town on KBRW. He plays music from the big band era and it's a pleasant couple of hours. At the end of the radio show he gives trivia questions and people call in. Back to what I was getting at on "Second TIME Around"... I took a closer look at the style of cards that Sketch This:Cards posts and I came up with this lovely card to try to blend in. My husband strongly dislikes it. He thinks that it's not me at all. I like it and I think that I did a good job at trying to look more Sketch This: Card like. I know what you are thinking, "Be true to yourself Nancy. Don't go trying to be something that you're not." I know that's not what I am thinking... I am thinking that is was a double challenge to use their sketch and to try on a different card motif. Although I'm not quite there yet, I did think it was fun to try on a new style. It's kinda like dying your hair blond when you are a natural brunette or vise versa. It's fun for a while until the roots start showing. So there you have it... trying a stamping style that is not your own can be fun and challenging.


CARD DETAILS:
Fancy Pants Stamps
Die Cuts from the Cuttle Bug
Scrapbook Paper from Self-Addressed
Palette Ink Noir and Marker Pen
Brads
Rik Rack

6 comments:

K said...

beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful! Gosh your cards are just getting better and better! I'l miss you while I'm camping have a great week!
Kim

Sarah said...

I think this card is simply amazing!

Tracy.H said...

I don't know what you consider your 'style'. But I consider it to be absolutely beautiful!! As always ;0)

Alhambra Club said...

I lOVE this card, the colors, flowers, swirls, everything about it.

Corie said...

OK, yes be true to yourself -- but sometimes you need to think out of your comfort zone. I think this is beautiful.