Other Inkcicle Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Spring Break-Up


It's really here! Spring break-up is starting. I can see the dirt road again. No more ice. This means it will be dusty and for a week or two the pot holes will be really bad but it's so nice to have the warmth of spring. Each day more and more birds are returning. Pretty soon I'll be trying to go to sleep with the snow buntings chirping away into the midnight hours. I don't think they know how to sleep with the 24 hour sunlight. I'm sure they rest I've just never seen it.

Last night Andrew and I stayed up pretty late. When I went to check the locks I saw golden sun rays streaming through the door window. I opened the door to see the splendor outside. Now I can't say that the sun was setting because it won't set until August... but I can say that it looked like it wanted to. Yellow, reds, and orange light everywhere. It was so beautiful. I took a picture to share however the picture isn't as splendid as it actually was in person. Across the open tundra field, just past the electric poles is the arctic ocean. The ice pack is still there other wise you would see the sparkles of open water. Oh, such a simple thing makes my heart smile. Behold the beauty of the Lord!

4 comments:

Cassandra Kinaviaq Rae said...

Wow! Beautiful Nancy - both the photo and your writing!

Love you Sis ~
Cassandra

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Wow....amazing photo. Your cards are all great too. Can't wait to read more of your blog.

Michele Kovack said...

Just "found" you! I love the photo! I think it is so interesting to meet people from all ends of the Earth....this internet sure brings people together doesn't it? I would be more than happy to add you to my blog list.....just let me know.

Anonymous said...

God is so good - to show Himself in the beauty of His creation! AND it is so good to hear that you recognize Him & His work. Beautiful picture! I'm like those little birds - don't think I could sleep with around the clock sun either!!! Have a blessed day (from a sister in Christ)