Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Don't have the right color brad in you stampin' stash? Make a quick change with embossing powder. I read about this technique some time ago and thought it was a bit crazy and that it might not work so I tried it for myself. I found it to be quick and very easy.
1) Place your brad in reverse tweezers or something that can withstand the heat.
2) Heat the head of the brad with your embossing heat gun for about 30 seconds.
3) Quickly stick the very hot head directly into the embossing powder.
4) If your brad was hot enough the powder is completely melted. If it wasn't hot enough you'll have to hit the heat again. You can see in the photo that I needed to re-heat.
TA-DAH! Now you have a very hot customized card goodie!
5) Since I wasn't in a hurry I let the brad cool on its' own but if you are in a hurry you can dip it into cool water.
NOTE: I did a quick change with the brads used on both of my entry cards for Beate's blog candy over the weekend. Here I used the office supply cheap brass brads with a not so cheap brad and turned them into a matching set. I loved the results.
Special thanks to my husband, Andrew, for taking the photos for me. :-)