Other Inkcicle Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving - Autumn Blessings Digi Card

"This is the day which the Lord hath made: we will rejoice and be glad in it."  Psalm 118:24

I am hoping that you had a blessed and joy filled Thanksgiving.  


I've been thinking even more on my many blessings all week in prep for today.  Last week our Pastor had asked us (the entire church) to share a testimony for what we are thankful for.  Surprisingly, my seven year old daughter had her hand up first when Pastor asked for testimonies.  It blesses my soul to hear her praise God.  It is amazing to know what God is doing in the lives of those around me.  Following the service we celebrated with a great meal.  The testimonies, fellowship and food made for a good times.  Unfortunately, my husband was not able to come to church today due to being afflicted with the awful crud that is going around.  We brought him home a plate of dinner and desserts.  Dear Hubby is feeling better now.  He's been resting all day and is currently watching movies with our daughter.  As for me... I am enjoying the quietness here at my desk.  I'm still thinking of God's blessings, thinking and praying for my family all over the country, and hoping to sneak into the studio to make something fun!

Oh, we have so much to be thankful for.  I have so much to be thankful for.


Before I forget, here's one of the cards made with Thanksgiving on my mind.  This lovely card is made with digi's from Daydream Designs.  For the main focal point I layered Rustic Bandana & Fall Digi Papers with the leaf wreath from Autumn Blessings.  The sentiment is from New Day Scripture and Sentiment Set.  I know it's hard to see but some of the card elements are popped up for a more dimensional look.  Also used is the main die from Little Darling Square Die Set.  The die cut was sponged with chalk ink to match.  I even managed to use some scraps of regular designer paper, ribbon, and those long forgotten Robin's Nest Dew Drops.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and for letting me share my faith and crafty creations.

Have a very blessed evening!

Smiles,
~Nancy  

LINKING TO:

HELLO EVERYONE VISITING FROM WORD ART WEDNESDAY!


4 comments:

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Yikes Nancy! This is a blessing in itself! I love the wreath of autumn colors and those few drops on the burnt colored ribbon! Thank you for showing the base die of the set off in such a magnificent manner once again! I wish you a blessed day of Thanks as well and am glad to hear hubby is better! Stay warm friend

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Thank you Tammy! I appreciate the comment and well wishes. Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving!

Staying warm,
~Nancy

kel Acopan said...

oh this is just gorgeous. love the colors!!

lovies, =o) kel
(fellow DDD DT member)

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is absolutely STUNNING - one of the prettiest I've seen in a long time.

What a BLESSING to hear your precious daughter proclaiming her praises to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It means that, by the grace of God, you are doing a good job of raising her for His glory. I commend you on that, and pray that God will continue to give you the grace and wisdom to raise her into adulthood for His glory. What a HUGE blessing.

Thanks again for sharing with us. It's such a joy to see your lovely art shared in our challenge.
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com