Other Inkcicle Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Arctic Again!


It's been a crazy six weeks and I've had lots go on.  For now I am on site in the arctic again.  It is a blessing to be back (in what feels like home) but I can't wait to be together with my hubby and sweet little one as soon as possible too.  I'm on the job for a temporary assignment out of town.

This time around I'm not depending on having a vehicle to my disposal 24/7 so I've been taking walks here and there.

Here's my self portrait from my first walk down the street to the hockey rink last Saturday night.  That's my silhouette lit from the street lights shadowed across the ice road.


Off for a Sunday afternoon walk.
Here's what I wear under my parka to stay warm. LOTS OF LAYERS!  :-)

If you are ever in Barrow, Alaska I invite you to Calvary Bible Baptist Church.

Barrow-side of town.  Still no sun above the horizon.

Monday across from the office.  It's 11:44 in the morning!  That's the moon!

That's it for now.  I hope your last six weeks weren't as busy as mine.  Someday I'll be crafting again.  By the way, I met some ladies here at the hotel that are rubberstamping cardmakers!  VERY COOL!

Smiles,
~Nancy

"O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee." Psalm 84:12






2 comments:

Doris said...

Somehow, Christians and stampers always seem to find each other! Enjoy your visit.

Courtney and Heather said...

WOW, WOW, WOW.... Alaska! I would never make it! Thanks for your sweet comment!

{Heather}
love2sisters.blogspot.com