Other Inkcicle Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Archived...



(Precious Memories ~ Front Cover)

Shame on me for archiving my Christmas time scrapbook project without sharing first.  I made four matching scrapbooks.  One for each of my sisters, one for my Mom, and one for me.  The project was of our time spent together this summer in up state New York at my middle sister's place.  For a frame of reference, this was the trip to see Brenda.  She had just been diagnosed with heart failure, diabetes, and high blood pressure.  It was right around her thirty-seventh birthday.  Her doctor's were considering a heart transplant and gave her a few years to live at first.  With some severe lifestyle changes and lots of medication she is now doing better but will still have to be monitored.  I was honored to put together this scrapbook for us commemorating our reunion and our support.

(Brenda & Family)

By the way, this is the scrapbooking project that I had sought some scrapbooking advice from you all.    I had way too many pictures for the size of the scrapbook.  At first I couldn't decide on to only include the portraits or to mix in the silly photos that best reflected us.  I wound up making flip pages to incorporate as many pics as I could.  Thanks again for encouraging me to make our scrapbooks fun and memorable.

(Same page as the above photo with additional photos showing.)

Budget wise, this project wasn't too bad on the pocketbook.  I used a 12" x 12" scrapbook kit by Autumn Leaves and a handful of accessories and papers from Big Lots.  Of course the scrapbooks were made from paper bags and that really kept the costs down and now I have a leftover 12" x 12" scrapbook for another time.

(Page from Side Pocket)

Speaking of time... I'm off to get on with our day.  What are you doing this weekend?  Need a challenge?  Clear Dollar Stamps just posted their latest.  Here's the link: Clearly iStamp.  We will be packing up the cabin for our upcoming move closer to the city.  Maybe I'll find some hidden treasures that I had put up when we first moved in last year?  Anyhow, have a great weekend!

(Niece & Family Page)

SHARE A VERSE: "Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day."  
Psalm 96:2

5 comments:

House of Smiths said...

I love this book! So cute! What a great way to save your memories and photos!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!
Shelley Smith
houseofsmiths.blogspot.com

Shan @ Design Gal said...

just stumbled upon your blog and it's adorable! you're so talented!

Corie said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS!!

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific...super pics too!

Rebecca said...

That is really cool how you incorporated all those photos into the book! Beautiful gift!