Other Inkcicle Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Finally!



I hope you don't feel neglected. I just haven't had it in me to really be creative lately. I am still adjusting to our new life in Oregon even though it's been seven months since we left Barrow. Praise God that it's getting easier now.

We've had lots to pray about... my husband is still searching for employment. We've been told that he's overqualified for the jobs that he's applied for. What gets me is that the jobs that he is best suited for are just not here, as in no one is currently hiring. It's really crazy because we've never experience this kind of struggle before. He's always been highly sought after. We just recently found out that our county is number one in unemployment in the state and that our state is second in the nation. We are now looking for jobs in both Alaska and Oregon just because there's more jobs opportunities in Alaska than here. As far as Alaska goes we are mostly looking at Anchorage instead of the arctic but what it really comes down to is where ever God leads us. We are trusting in God's plan for us whether good or bad God always get's us through it all. I am so thankful for the prayers that have been said on our behalf and for the blessings that God has brought our way. All in all our faith is being test and in the end I hope we will grow and be a good witness for Christ. :-)



On another very personal note, my sister has just been diagnosed with congestive heart failure. What a shocker this has been. She originally went to the ER for stomach pain and found out that she has diabetes and high blood pressure. They also put her on ulcer meds. A week later at her follow-up appointment they noticed that she was wheezing more than usual and rechecked her lungs. It was then that they discovered that she also has congestive heart failure. The cardiologist found that her heart and vessels are enlarged. If they can't get it all in control and if her heart is too damaged she will need a pace maker or a heart transplant. It is my hope that she would recover and that we will be able to go visit her soon. A visit means a trip across country to the East coast. I would most appreciate your prayers for my sister, Brenda and for her family. They have three teenage girls that are very scared and her husband needs strength too.

These are just a few of the things that have been going on for us. :-)

I was in need of card for Grandma this weekend. It was the perfect time to stamp one for her. I used some of my new Pink Persimmon stamps that I won from their one year birthday celebration. Oh what a joy they are to play with! Very nicely designed and quality acrylic too. I also used Amy R's weekend sketch. So there you have it!

Have a wonderful day and thanks for being a listening ear and for your prayers.

Smile,


CARD DETAILS:

Stamps from Pink Persimmon
Tea & Cake and Small Banner Set
My Mind's Eye DP & Misc Cardstock
Pallet Ink Burnt Umber
Copic Markers & Multiliner
Handmade Crochet Blossom from Clear Dollar Stamps
(Made by Katie Renz)
Prima & CTMH Flowers
Pink Metallic Brads
Micheal's Dollar Sheer Ribbon
SU! Flower Punch
Marvy Scallop Flower Punches

7 comments:

Kevin Renz said...

Cute card Nance... lovee those colors and the embossing and the flowers...

suzARTe said...

this card is so beautiful, love everything about it. Love your blog and will definitely be back soon.

Banu said...

Beautiful card. Loved it

Mary Duffek said...

Beautiful card and thanks for sharing...I can now pray specifics for your beautimous family!
blessings and hugs sent your way!

Elena said...

So sorry about your husband's job... I will keep your family in my thoughts... and hope everything will go well.
Your card is very beautiful, Nancy!

Darcy said...

Oh Nancy! Your card is beautiful. I am so sorry about the job situation and your sister as well. Hugs and prayers coming your way! - Darcy

Barb said...

I am so sorry to hear of your family issues, Nancy... you and your family are in my thoughts :)