Saturday, April 11, 2009
Tutorial - The Card Stand
I am having so much fun with Clear Dollar Stamps new Charliene stamp set. It's called "Charliene April Showers" and is only $7.99. She's cute and budget friendly! Gotta love it! Instead of making a traditional card I thought it would be interesting to try something different. This card folds into itself to display like a picture in a frame. I hope you like it.
THE CARD STAND
Disclaimer - I haven't take the time to check the internet for any other cards like the one that I am sharing today. If there is I just haven't seen it yet and I don't know it's "official name". Basically it's a variation of a z-fold card with tabs. I used Basic Grey's Notch & Die Cutting Tool to make the tabs. If you don't have this tool you could try substituting a circle Coulluzle template and blade to form the tabs.
1) Cut cardstock to 11" long x 4 1/4" wide to form the card base.
2) Score at 5 1/2", 8 1/4", & 10 3/4".
3) Fold on lines.
4) Place three half circle notches on what will become the card front. In my picture it's the side closest to the left and is the longest of the scored areas. I placed the notches at approximately 2" above the first scored line across approximately at 1/4", 1 3/4", and 3 1/4". You can eyeball the placement too which is the easiest way to do it and how I did it for my sample.
5) Design your card front and attach to the notched card base. Again this is the longest third of the scored areas.
6) Cut a matching piece of cardstock to 2" x 4". (This will become the area that you can stamp a second sentiment or write a note.)
7) Attach the 2" x 4" piece UPSIDE DOWN in the third scored area. (This is the space two over from the card front.)
1) Take the smallest scored end and slide the edges into the notches.
This should form the base and allow for the card to be propped up and displayed. Unfold the base and fold over to place in an envelope for mailing or gifting.
I hope that wasn't too confusing. If I lost you somewhere in the instruction and you need some help, please email me. I'd be happy give further clarification.
ALL CDSTAMPS LLC STAMP SETS USED: Charliene April Showers
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Basic Grey Periphery, The Angel Company Textured Cardstock
INKPADS: Palette Ink Charcoal & Noir Black, Versa Magic Key Lime & Aegean Blue
COPIC MARKERS: Y06, 11, 17; C1,3,5; E21, 31, 57, 93; Black Multiliner
STICKLES: Silver & Crystal
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Judikins Diamond Glaze, Marvy Liquid Applique Brown, Prima Flowers, Darce Bling Finishing Accent, Miscellaneous Ribbon (Unknown)
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES: Cardstand