Other Inkcicle Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Double Challenge Card


Have you been to the new Copic Creations Challenge Blog? They've posted their first challenge and it's a challenge indeed...coloring faces and skin tones. What's really cool is that they share samples and have links to Copic tutorials. I watched the video tutorials that Suzanne produced and was encouraged to go Copic coloring. I took an image that I had already colored and then redid him by adding highlights to give him some depth and interest. Since I had already colored my image I used my colorless blender to push the color away to reveal the paper underneath. In my opinion the highlights came out okay. It probably would of worked out better had I used a more appropriate cardstock and had started fresh with an image that wasn't already colored. I can see some uneven areas where the paper didn't take the color. It's weird that way!



After I had my little cowboy all Copic'ed up I had the perfect card in mind to make by using Amy R's Friday Sketch #56. I kinda ran out of space with the top three circle elements and had to settle for two circles instead. All in all the card came out hoedown fun. Oh by the way, Amy also has a video tutorial on how she does her Copic coloring. Here's the LINK. :-)

I hope your week is going well. Ours is off to another busy start. We did three loads of laundry yesterday. It's still hanging on the drying racks above our wood burning stove. It's quite a chore but I love the way is makes the living room smell. Clean laundry! Ahhh.... smells so good!

Smiles,


So... are you the least bit curious about the laundry drying that mentioned above? Here's a glance at what it looks like. Real glamorous haw? Please don't get me wrong. I am thankful to have a warm cabin to call home. What a blessing to be taken care of so well.

7 comments:

Elena said...

Very cute card, Nancy! Your coloring is very beautiful!!!
I love the smell of fresh laundry too! I think it gives a comfy feel!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cute card.
And nothing is like a cabin with a woodstove,drying laundry or not. Just smells good. hee hee

Kevin Renz said...

Great card Nancy and thanks for sharing your personals (lol).

Arcticstamper said...

Cute card Nancy. Love the whole idea of a cabin and a wood stove- sounds so cozy!
-Darleia

Laurie Wilson said...

Totally cute little cowboy card, and WOW.... you are one organized laundry washer without an electric dryer! What a way to persevere! I agree with others that cabins are just fun... although I have never had the pleasure of that being my permanent home. You go girl!

AmyR said...

Great card thanks for playing along! And wow about the laundry!

pescbrico said...

I love what you made with this stamp! Very beautiful!