Other Inkcicle Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Janessa's Journey Update!


I haven't had much internet time to blurf (blog surf) but this morning I saw a post from Korin on her niece Janessa. I've been praying for little Janessa since I first learned of her battle with cancer. Here's the most wonderful news as posted on Korin's blog Inky Doodle:

Janessa's Journey-WOOHOO!
Been meaning to share this but just now getting to it....

From Julie last Tuesday:

"Perfectly normal cells".....those were the doctor's words when he looked at her marrow sample. We are so thrilled with the outcome and we want to make sure that God gets all the credit and the glory for this outcome and for bringing us through this journey over these past 10 months. She is in remission.....but we also have the reality that they will continue to watch her for five years before she will be considered cured. Jamie and I were talking and wondering why we weren't more "excited" and trying to figure out our reactions today. I think first of all, that from the beginning, we truly believed that she would survive this. I think also that we are so tired and spent both physically and emotionally. We're extremely grateful, but there's a quiet and a calm instead of a jubilant shouting....God is so good.

We want to thank all of you who have prayed so faithfully for us as a family and for Janessa specifically, that God would touch her body and heal her. Thanks too for you notes of encouragement, hugs, and just your overwhelming love shown to us. We would not have made it through this without your support.

So grateful!!

Jamie and Julie

Josiah, Kayla, Michael, Jacob, and especiallly Janessa


Psalm 40: 1-3

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;

He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.

Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

Praise the LORD!!!!! I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers and encouragement through this trying time. God has used each of you in a tremendous way!

Please continue to keep Janessa and my brother's family in your prayers.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
~Korin


PRAISE THE LORD INDEED!



PHOTO: Janessa's photo is from Korin's blog also. :-)

6 comments:

Corie said...

Yippee -- so glad to hear the good news.

I nominated you for an award, check out my site.

Elena said...

Thank you for sharing great news, Nancy!
I remember when I sent Janessa a card! I will continue thinking about her...

marianne walker said...

I am so glad to hear the all clear! And, you can find an award on my site, Thanks!

Mary Leeson said...

I will keep her in my prayers. Thanks for the post...I too believe in the power of prayer!

Laurie Wilson said...

What an awesome attribute to God's amazing work!

Shirley said...

How totally wonderful!!!