Other Inkcicle Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

February SOM (Stamp of the Month) 2009 Moose - FEBRUARY NEW RELEASE




Here's a critter that's sure to be popular! The February 2009 Stamp of the Month set features the cutest moose. I can envision using this set over and over again with some of my other CDStamps. Who knows what the future holds for this guy? Wouldn't it be nice to see more of him in a regular set? By the way, SOM sets are free with with your $50 or more purchase and a new set is offered every month.

I did the birthday Moose card as matchbook card. If you look carefully you can see the shadow where the scalloped edges close at the bottom. I also love how I was able to repeat the designer paper on his birthday hat. Luckily for me I had the perfect shades of Copic markers to match. Both the circle and the moose are popped up with foam.



The second moose card was inspired by Laurie Wilson's (Clearly Delightful) cloud technique. It was very easy to make the clouds and it really helped to add that extra dimension that I was looking for. What you might not notice in this picture is the addition texture that I added with my Scor-pal. Even with the uneven lines of the Flannel Background stamp adding the straight score lines worked out fine. To accentuate the scoring I also smudge on black chalk ink.

I hope you are having a wonderfully blessed day. I am going to sneak off and take a nap while I can. I am SO TIRED! I guess that's what happens when you stay up too late and your daughter gets up early. ;-) What a blessing to be home!!!

Check these links for more new release debuts for today:

Laurie Wilson
Candy
Tori,
Stacy
Linsey
Alex
Kim
Monique
Alysabeth

SMILES,


CARD DETAILS:
Moose B-day
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Feb SOM 2009 Moose
Papers: Basic Grey Mellow, The Angel Company Naturals Cardstock
Inks: Palette Ink Noir Black, Versamagic Chalk Ink Wheat & Jumbo Java
Copic Markers: E08. E21, E57, E51, E93, YR31, V95, C1, C5, R46, G94
Punches: Creative Memories Circle Maker Punch
Embellishments: Present Brads
Techniques: Matchbook Design

Moose Missing You Card
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Feb SOM 2009 Moose, Flannel Background Stamp
Papers: Basic Grey Granola
Inks: Palette Ink Noir Black, Versamagic Midnight Black, Aegean Blue
Copic Markers: W1, E31, E57, E71, C7, BV23
Punches: Nestabilities, Provo Craft Scissors, Marvy Scallop Punch
Embellishments: Brads & Tree Brads
Techniques: Dry Embossing (Scor-Pal)

11 comments:

Doris said...

Imaginative cards as usual!

Stacy Morgan said...

Both are just wonderful, they are a scene in themselves. Great coloring too.

Unknown said...

I love the cute border on the first one and the clouds look fantastic!! This moose was just the cutest!!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your moose card! The paper used is delightful! Great clouds on the second moose card!

Kevin Renz said...

Hiya Nancy! You know I love both the cards!!!

Linda Borneman said...

Hi Nancy! You've got the cutest Sneak Peeks today with Mr. Moose! I'm lovin' that guy, and yeah, I think he needs to be in another set! : )

The first moose card is adorable with the scalloped bottom and I love, love the matchbook design. And, yes, I noticed his hat matched the dp paper! Too cute!

The second moose card has great texturing and I think you got the cloud thing down...looks pretty stormy for Mr. Moose! LOL

Michele Kovack said...

Oh my goodness is he cute!! Love both cards!!!

Allison Rankin said...

Both of these rock Nancy (since I am such a BG fan!). Love the circles on the bottom of the first one and those perfect clouds on the second!

Barb said...

How cute is this moose?! LOVE the rosey cheeks you gave the first one... too cute.

BTW... I left you a little award on my blog... :)

Laurie Wilson said...

What FUN designs Nancy! Adorable papers and layouts and awesome clouds!

Elena said...

Love this cute stamp! The scenes you created are adorable!!! The clouds are so cool!