Thursday, October 16, 2008
I made this card not to long ago and I wound up giving it to one of my coworkers as a birthday/get well card. To make a long story short the recipient of this card decided to pin it up on his office wall with a thumb tack. Well... once I saw that my hard work wasn't going to be thrown away I thought it would be nice to have a frame to coordinate with the card. It was difficult to find just the right one so I went ahead and altered a naked square wooden dollar frame from Michael's. I happened to of picked up a small stash of them while I was out of Barrow over the summer. Anyhow, my card didn't quite fit into the small opening in the center so I used a BIA (Bind-It-All) 4x4 acrylic cover to make a front pocket for the card to slide into. I popped up the acrylic with double sided foam tape to form the pocket and then covered it with some distressed cardstock. This was a pretty easy project to complete and I am glad to have saved this handsome cowboy from being left to hang by a thumb tack.