Other Inkcicle Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

What Would You Do?



I had a chance to see an old co-worker.  She handed me a sprig of silk flowers and asked if I would make a Mother's Day card for her.  What an honor to be asked to create a little something for her.  So here it is a week later and I wasn't quite sure what to make of my sprig.  I could pluck the flowers off and use them as an embellishment.  Instead I decided to use it as the center piece and I also decided not to go to crazy with the design.  I found the perfect papers in my huge collection of scraps.  Spruced them up with the embossing folder and die cut shapes.  Unfortunately, I wasn't sure how I was going to get the sentiment on without it looking out of place.  Thankfully I was able to stamp it in with black ink without it looking too bad.  Here's the final design and I hope she will send it to her Mother.  I must say that I really like it.  It kinda looks like I altered the sprig of silk flowers instead of making a card.  I love it!


CARD DETAILS:
The Angel Company Trendy Greetings
My Mind's Eye Designer Papers
Bazzill Cardstock
Palette Ink Noir Black
Dew Drops
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Spellbinder Die Cuts
Ribbon & 
Silk Flowers 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty and serene. She should love it!
Terri F

kssdesigns said...

I think your idea worked out perfectly!

Rose Ann said...

This turned out very pretty, Nancy!! Great job with it!!

Angela K said...

It's beautiful!

Kelli in Kentucky said...

Very Pretty. I love the dew drops.

Risa said...

You did an awesome job with this card and it turned out so pretty! Your friend is going to love this card.
malieta:)

Jill said...

What a truly sweet card! I love what you did with that sprig of flowers!