Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Something for ME & a Tutorial for YOU!
I've decided that I need to get into shape. I've been thinking about it for quite sometime and now I am motivated to follow through. Every since I had a C-Section and had Ellie my body just hasn't been the same. So... I started some changes in my activity and eating style as of yesterday. What a surprise to see that I didn't weigh any more than before I got pregnant. That made my day to learn that I wasn't as bad off as I thought! :-) To assist me in my changes I've also decided that I want to keep a journal. What a great excuse to stamp! Although it took me two days to finish this project, I sure am happy to have a cute personalized journal to help me keep on track. Some of my projects take that long because I don't give myself enough time to get it done in one sitting. This journal can be made in under an hour.
Stamps & Embellishments
1) Clip the notebook paper and cover together. This holds them in place.
2) Bend the end of the spiral spine wire to allow you to unwind the wire from the notebook.
3) Unwind the wire to free it from the notebook spine.
4) Remove the cover from the clippie.
5) Use the cover to measure the scrapbook paper for your cover and cut to size.
6) Apply Mod Podge with the sponge applicator to the front cover.
7) Line-up the paper with the cover and apply.
8) Burnish paper with a ruler to get the bubbles and wrinkles out.
9) Turn over the cover and re-punch the spiral wire holes.
10) Put the cover back on top of the stack of notebook paper and clip.
11) Re-thread the wire through the holes of the bound notebook.
12) Ta-dah! You now have a freshly covered notebook!
13) Embellish the cover as desired!
Paper Tray Stamp from Papertrey Ink
Michael's Dollar Stamp
Scrapbook Papers from My Mind's Eye
Prismacolor Pencils blended with Gamsol
Highlighted with Tombow Markers
Spellbinder Embossing Dies
Flowers from TAC
Ribbons & Fibers