Other Inkcicle Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Christmas Card in August


One down and too many more to go... Yep, that's right. Christmas cards. Now is the time to start a making your holiday creations. Here's one I made for Mama Dini's sketch challenge and it is doing double duty for Tracy's August Happiness Challenge. Mama Dini's sketch is awesome and I had a hard time to find a stamp that would work just right for the main image but it was worth the effort to be able to complete the sketch. I used various colors of Stickles to make the tree brighter than the background papers. Anyhow, it is nice to think on Christmas and to be reminded of the many blessings that the holiday celebrates... our Savoiur's birth. Oh how I love Jesus!

Card Details:
The Angel Company "Eclectic Christmas"
TAC Merry Wishes Scrapbook Papers
Palette Ink Noir Black
Prisma Colored Pencils blended with Gamsol
Gray Tombow Marker
Stickles

9 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Great card, Nancy! Thanks for playin' and good luck! :0)

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, never too early to get started on Christmas cards.

Michele Kovack said...

Another great card....I too made a Christmas card...yea!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Great card, Nancy! I love the pink in there with Christmas colors, and your Christmas tree fit perfect with the sketch. Thanks for playing!

Dina

michelle sturgeon said...

I own this stmp set! I love the reindeer from this set!
Great background paper. Cute Christmas card!

2 Worlds said...

Is that glitter on the tree?

Laura Roth said...

Aren't you just excited and ready for Fall/Winter cards! I am! I'm thinking about leaving work early today to go home and make some :)

Heather P. said...

This is AWESOME! Love the colors. :)

Rose Ann said...

Great Christmas card! Good for you for getting a head start! If only I could be so motivated.