Other Inkcicle Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day




Last year on Father's Day we found out that we were going to be parents again. What a present for my husband. He was so giddy all day. It was so cool. This year for Father's day we have a healthy and growing daughter. God certainly has made our path interesting by blessing us with Ellie Rose. Our pregnancy was a surprise because we had given up on getting pregnant. We had been trying for almost two years. The pregnancy was harder than when I had my son sixteen years before. I was sick all the time and I finally wound up on bed rest. The circumstances of Ellie's birth is a miracle as is her life. She entered the world earlier than expected. She was our December baby instead of a February girl. I am so thankful to God that no matter what He has a plan for our little baby and for us her parents/family. Oh... thanks for letting me reminisce.

This year for Father's Day I made a card holder/scrapbook for Andrew. He was totally surprised and is in awe of my creative genius. (Te-hee!) Okay... I'm kinda ad libbing there. He's the kind of guy that has what he needs and doesn't like to overspend on things we really don't need so this gift was perfect. He loves the cards I give him. I also occasionally write him little notes on stick-it notes. Whether a note or a card he doesn't throw them away and he had them stacked on the nightstand. Over the last few weeks I thought it would be nice to make him something that he could keep them all in. So here it is my gift to my husband for Father's Day.

I decorated the cover, made a srapbook page with dedication for the first page, and then filled the rest of the book with my favorite papers. After looking it over several times he promptly put in his Father's Day card and envie and then went around collecting all his cards and notes to fill the rest of the book. (See photos.) I'm so glad that he likes it.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Nancy, I love your blog and your cardmaking style. If you don't mind, I'd like to add you to my fav. papercrafting blogs on my blog page. Keep up the great work! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh...Nancy! That is so sweet! The album looks great! TFS that sweet story!

Alhambra Club said...

How nice, the album is great, how wonderful.

Rebecca said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL! What a lovely gift for Andrew!

emilia in Taiwan said...

I found your blog from Flossie!
Your blog is great! and your works aver beautiful, especially this albumn! Love them.