Other Inkcicle Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

RAINING Snow


As I went to lay my sleepy baby down for her nap I heard the pinging of rain on her window. I had to take a look...it wasn't rain. It was snowy rain. Big flakes of snow that hit her window sounding like rain. It didn't look like hail... snow. Oh, it's so nice to experience the change of weather from the winter coldness to the spring coldness. We all can finally see the road instead of ice. The snow machines will be put away while the four-wheelers will replaces them for the summer. I prefer four-wheelers over the snow machines. First off, it is usually warmer when you ride them and second off, no one rides them between or behind our houses. Not only that four-wheelers aren't as loud. When the snow finally melts my yard becomes a marshy pond tall with tundra grass. It's too muddy and deep with water for four-wheeler to pass. I like that. :-) We have planks that go all the way around our house. It looks like a mini-wharf or boardwalk. Walking the boardwalk reminds me of where I grew-up in California. I still live by the ocean but it's slightly different. No summer surfers here that's for sure!

Here's a picture of my driveway and the road again. It's hard to take a snapshot of it snowing when everything out is so white.

Ooo...what a soft and soothing sound... raining snow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO I'M CURIOUS! WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO ALSKA? IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING? THE ANSWER IS PROBABLY IN YOUR PROFILE AND I TOTALLY MISSED IT. I'L GO DOUBLE CHECK IT.

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, living in Florida is such a different life, I do admit, as I am originally from New York, I miss the change of seasons, but do so enjoy the sun. Love your blog, I have a set of Swirl stamps and love them, know you will enjoy.