Other Inkcicle Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

BASIC Grey



Scrap paper love! It's called Basic Grey's "Scarlet Letter"! Here's two cards that I mentioned on my last post. The Mother's Day Card is completely stampless. I only have one Mother's Day stamp so for a little variety I've printed the sentiment off the computer. I did manage to ink the edges to make the paper layering pop. On the Get Well card I stamped on red card stock with The Angel Company's Jubilee set called "Artsy Elements". Matting the tag helped it stand apart from the busy-ness of the scrap paper. I cheated with the flower. It's actually from a bunch of silk flowers that I picked up at a yard sale last year. What a bargain at 50 cents for an entire bag of silk flowers. These little white flowers were the only ones of the bunch that will work for paper art. The rest of the flowers made for a handsome bouquet in the kitchen. Wasn't that clever? Speaking of being clever... both of these cards are "OOPSIES". If you had x-ray eyes you would see that the "Scarlet Letter" paper is completely covering up a stamping OOPSIE. Thankfully I was able to cover-up the yucky design with scrap paper. That's one of the things I like about stamping... nothing is ever set in stone. You can go back and redesign over a mistake or an ill fated design over and over again.

No comments: